Saturday, September 26, 2015

1 Month Already!

Wow!
It feels like it went by so quickly!

The past couple of days have been really fun and interesting, so I'll talk about those!

Yesterday was the start of end-of-term exams, so after I took one of the English ones, I could go home. But I didn't! I ended up going into Pori on a shopping trip! (with permission, of course). The bus dropped me a little ways from the mall I was going to, but while I was walking there I found an electronics store with Sonic the Hedgehog outside of it! I also had to cross the bridge that spans the Kokemäenjoki (River)!

It was a grey day yesterday.

Primarily, I was looking for a new backpack and earbuds (my previous ones wanted to keep riding the bus after I got off), but I was also sort of looking for a new jacket. Unfortunately, I didn't find any good earbuds and the backpack I was thinking about was almost 80 euros, but I did find a nice new jacket! It even has zipper pockets so my phone won't fall out! Also, I got more school supplies. Because you can never have enough notebooks and folders.

And then there was today! There was a sort of gathering at the new sports center for the club Isä's a part of, and my host sister and I went to help out! We kind of wandered around for a bit because no one needed any help at first, but we ended up selling a bunch of raffle tickets! I couldn't buy any because I left my wallet at home, but she ended up winning three things, so that was cool! There was also a lot of food there, I had a waffle, pulla, a little cinnamon roll, and a small slice of a cake with some kind of berries. Not all at once, though.

So far I think tomorrow's going to be fairly quiet, I'm thinking of drawing some and writing and mailing a couple more postcards. My school schedule is going to change after this week, though, so that'll be kinda weird!

Oh, but I'm thinking of maybe answering the same few questions at the end of each month, just to kinda see what I'm thinking at the moment. So here we go!


What's been your favorite experience so far?: It's kinda dumb, but one night after church youth group, I finally got a chance to look up at the stars, and there's so many! I think it's both because there's less light pollution and the air is cleaner, but you can see a lot more than you can in Washington D.C. It's so pretty!!
What's challenging at the moment?: I'm a little homesick, but other than that it's making friends. I'm an introvert, so it's a little difficult for me to be outgoing, but I really do wanna talk to a lot of people at school, so I'll try my best, even if it's a little awkward in the beginning!
What's a new sentence you've learned in Finnish?: Minä puhun Englantia ja vähän Suomea! Also, mun lempiväri on sininen.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The first one says "I speak English and a little Finnish," and the second one says "My favorite color is blue!"

      Delete