Monday, September 7, 2015

Two Weeks - Lukio!

Now that I've spent a couple weeks here, I'll talk about school! It's already a lot better than American school, so that's something. Each day's schedule is different, and you only have three or four classes in a day. Most of the time, school starts at 8:30 am for me, but on Wednesdays it starts at 10. And school days also end at different times for each student! Usually, school ends around 2 pm for me, but there's one day where it ends at 3:30 and another where I can go home at 1! It's really cool, and makes things less repetitive, which is nice.

I'm really happy with my classes, too! I have psychology (mon), all three grades of english throughout the week, art (mon, wed, thurs, fri), finnish history (tues, wed, thurs), sports (tue), geography (tue, thurs), and music (fri)! Most days it's a nice little group of classes, but Monday has two different english classes one after the other and Wednesday has the same art class for two blocks straight.

Oh, but there are also little differences that I think make it better than American school! The very first thing I noticed was that like in homes, you take off your shoes once you're inside, so you go through the school day in socks! It's really nice and surprisingly way more comfortable! It's also a fairly small school, so I think I've met all of the students already, though I don't really know too many people's names. Lunches are free, too! And a lot better than American school lunches, it's kind of like a buffet!

I didn't take a lot on my first day out of caution, but it was really good!

I also have Finnish lessons on Mondays and Thursdays, but they're in Pori and they start at 3 pm, so I have to miss art on Mondays and history on Thursdays to make it on time. My Finnish class only has 4 other girls, though! We're all exchange students, but only three of us are AFSers. One of them was at the orientation over the weekend, too, but all that'll be in the next post.

Notes from Finnish class! Also I got a cute pencil sharpener at Tiger.

Today started my third week of school! Lunch was mashed potatoes, salad, and sausages. My favorites are on Thursdays, though, sometime's there's pannukakku! It's different from American pancakes, but it's still really good!

I'll probably do my next blog post tomorrow, since a lot has happened, and it's gonna be about the AFS arrival orientation! Woo!

Moikka!

No comments:

Post a Comment